Sunday, February 07, 2010

I started with 1.5 TBSP. of hickory wood chips at the bottom of the smoker.
I seasoned the wings with mesquite rub.
Waiting for the first wisp of smoke to come rollin' out.
After smokin' the wings for 35 min. I smothered them in Dead Eye and baked them for 10 min.

On Monday, the start of my birthday month, Rich asked what I wanted for my birthday. I had been thinking of investing in an indoor smoker for the last 6 months. So I told him what I thought. Since Rich is well aware of the "Kneifl women get what they want" rule I had a Cameron indoor smoker delivered to my house 5 days later courtesy of Rich and Andrea for my 35th birthday. Today, Super Bowl Sunday, I thought would be a great day to test it out. Per Tyler's request I made chicken wings. They turned out super! His next request: smoked BBQ ribs. Thank you Rich and Andrea for a fantastic gift. I love it! I will be taking orders for anyone that comes to visit. Yes, Dad, I am standing by with a pen and paper to write down your request;)

No comments: