Sunday, April 10, 2011

Celebrating Great Great Aunt Vivian's 90th Birthday! She is still sharp as a tack. Joe and her just got back from Arizona. They spend 5 months of the year down there. That's my kind of "winter break." My favorite memory of visiting Aunt Vivian when I was younger was when we stayed at my grandma and grandpas house we'd walk around the corner to Aunt Vivian's house and swing on her porch swing. She'd always bring us out cookies and we'd get to eat while we were swinging. What a treat when your 6 years old.
This morning we drove to Kingsley to celebrate Great Aunt Vivian's 90th birthday. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up. It was funny that people I haven't seen for 29 years recognized me right away. In the picture are a few of the people that gathered for the celebration. Amy, Mary, Kathy, Sherry, Vivian, Clara Belle, Tyler, Brigett, Lee Ann, Rich, Travis and Sue. I haven't heard mom called the nickname "Punky" in a while but it was fun to hear it again. It brought back the good memories of the olden days. Clara Belle told me that Mom is so much like her father. She's got his mannerisms and features. When Clara Belle sees mom she sees Grandpa in her so much. I'm glad I got to share in this special celebration.

No comments: