Thursday, April 07, 2011

Today, Tyler played in his first doubles tennis match at Spencer. Him and Darren lost 6-8. They both did such a good job. I'm so proud of Tyler to try a new sport. Darren is serving while Tyler waits for the return.
Tyler, Ross, Darren, Caleb

After Tyler and Darren's doubles match they joined the others to watch their teammates. Tyler is really enjoying Tennis. He didn't want anyone to watch him today except me. He is enjoying playing a sport, having fun, and not having any pressure on him. Amen!

On another note, this past weekend I went to Ankeny to see my family. Tyler wanted to stay home and hang with his friends so Steve offered the parental supervision in my absence. I left on Friday afternoon. When I was driving Steve called me and said he arrrived at the house, front door wide open, house a pig sty, and Tyler no where to be found not answering his phone calls. I was a bit nervous but I called Tyler to find out what was going on. When I spoke with Tyler he said he was at the corner of "April" and "Fools." We all had a great chuckle. Then I realized I had missed my exit and had to turn around. They had got me!!! And good!!!

No comments: