Sunday, August 17, 2014

College Home

Today we moved Tyler into his college home. We met his roommate, Jacob Neerland, and his parents. We quickly became acquainted as our boys will be sharing a dorm and college experience for the next 9 months. We helped the boys settle into their new space, went out for pizza at Jeff's, and said our good byes. My only request from Tyler on moving day was that I receive a hug and he didn't disappoint. To my surprise, I didn't cry. The only emotion that came over me was how proud I was of him and how excited I was for him to start his adventure at ISU. For 18 years we have helped guide and mold him into the young man he is today. He may not know everything but I am positive he will figure it out along the way. And with that as he walked to his dorm and I drove away I knew he would do just fine in this next step of his journey called college life:) 

No comments: