Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Spreading the message

I have always known that my decision to place Lauren with adoptive parents through an open adoption was the right decision for me. Now, 22 years later, I am telling my story to help others explore adoption and see if that choice is right for them. 
A wonderful friend of mines son started a non profit called Beauty Amidst the Ashes right here in Ankeny.  I am so blessed to be a part of this organization. I am writing my story in blog form on the website. I am so excited to share my story and reach people that I otherwise wouldn't reach. 
The website is: www.beautyamidsttheashes.com
Click on stories of hope
Then click on birth mothers

I will write more posts as I am able. Right now were in the middle of moving so things are a little hectic. 

I don't claim to be  a professional writer. Just one who writes from the heart. Enjoy:)


No comments: