Sunday, September 10, 2006



Saturday afternoon while Steve and Tyler raced to Boone to attend the supernationals I drove to Lawton to spend the evening with my grandma. The assisted living she resides at was having a "Luau" to kick off National Assisted Living week. So with my Hawaiian shirt and pea salad in tow I headed out in the rain. The hog roast Char Mac put on was great tasting, along with the homemade pies those farm woman brought in were excellent. Then after supper came the entertainment, "The Dancin' Grannies". These were woman with an average age of 73 who get together 2 times a week to line dance. The have a great time and enjoy performing. At the end they ask for audience participation, that's were Grandma and me came in. Trying my step at a basic line dance I didn't do too bad. Then I saw my soon to be 83 year old Grandma cuttin' a rug next to me. Picture time. It was a great evening and we both had fun and laughed a lot. Staff came up to us afterwards and said she did real good. They were even more amazed to learn of her agileness when I told them that just last year at her great grandson's birthday she was jumping on a trampoline!!!

The second picture is of us with her traveling spelling bee trophy. Each month they have a spelling bee. The winner gets to keep the trophy for a month until the next bee.

No comments: