Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tyler and Eric with their trophies in front of a retired Indy car.
Trophy presentation at the end of the day.
Double points day was a windy one.
Whoever said that Chicago was the "windy city" has never raced a season at Jamaica Speedway. The kart had a lot of changes done to it today. Too much for this cheer crew to understand. Both heat races Tyler finished second. During the break Tyler said he was just "drafting". Grandpa then asked Tyler, "How's that working for you?" Now for all the woman that read this yes you're right, my dad, Mr. Male "I know everything about everything and a little bit more" just quoted Dr. Phil. I think for a brief moment I went into shock. My dad quoting Dr. Phil??? But then I guess maybe sharing the same hair gene might have something to do with their infinite wisdom. Since Steve and Tyler have been good sports all year to rush back to Storm Lake after racing so I could work I treated them out to supper afterwards. We ate at TOJO's with our racing group. It was fun to sit and visit with everyone. After a 2 hour drive home in what we called tsunami-like conditions we were finally home and ready to call it day...and a good one at that.

No comments: