Monday, September 04, 2006

This is mom and dad's race car. They lasted for 1 event before mechanical problems occured. The cars new name is the "One Event Wonder". Old reliable "Browny" is pictured underneath with me.
Summer Festival 2006 at MAM was my turn to race. With Tyler as my crew chief and photographer I couldn't go wrong.I went in with the attitude to have fun, not DNF, and beat 2:30 min. for a run. I did all 3. We left for the track at 4:30 a.m. and got there by 7:00a.m. After the fog cleared and the track dried, we were off. I ran the track road course 6 times. By the last run I was at 1:58 min. Goal #3...met. All 6 runs were good runs. No DNF's. Goal #2...met. As far as goal #1. The entry fees were paid for, I met a lot of neat people, and had fun in the process...goal #1 met. Thanks to Mom and Dad for the good car, good food, and good times.
What a busy day Saturday was. Tyler raced and he placed 2nd. After that it was back to Storm Lake to attend Aunt Hollie and (soon to be Uncle) Jason's couple's shower where we got to meet the Smith's.

No comments: